Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 3

I love this view.
     So in a way this is going to be a  journal of the events this summer.  I've never kept a journal and I wish that I had during various points in my life.  For example I have very few specific memories from my days coaching.  If I had kept a journal I'm sure that I would have a much more realistic view of how well my teams really did.  In my mind I think I had several undefeated teams with state championships.  But I digress.  Day 2 was relatively uneventful because I was recovering my feet from Day 1, but we did go to the health club here at the Onterie Center.  It is awesome.  It is located on the 10th floor of our building.  It has a pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, and pretty good exercise equipment.  So I had a pretty good work out there.

I love this picture.
     Day 3 is one I'm going to want to remember.  It started with a quick trip to the Starbucks across the street where I had a free drink postcard.  I came back up to our sun deck on the roof of our 60 story building and enjoyed a venti skinny vanilla latte with a  sun rise over Lake Michigan.  It was very picturesque.  Unfortunately my camera didn't do a very good job with the brightness so I turned it around and shot the picture above.  Afterwards I went and swam a couple of laps and sat in the hot tub.  I then walked to Lincoln Park Zoo.  I walked along the lake front and it was very pleasant.  The zoo was nice and I took pictures of all my favorite animals.  But it's not about the destination, it's about the journey.  Then I walked back.  It was total of 6+ miles and on the way back I took the city path.

   
    When I got home I had a text from TWIK that said she was so busy at work that she didn't have time to eat.  So I thought here is the perfect opportunity to score points... I mean show her how much I love her by taking her something over to eat.  And so a quick trip to Garretts and voila, I'm a rock star.  The only down side is that we are both missing Ty a lot.  Tomorrow he has a Conference All-Star baseball game so it's back to Lisle.  And the jet-setting continues.

I love this caramel corn.

2 comments:

  1. I want your life. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the more we plan for paying for Ty's college the more this looks like a once in a lifetime thing, but it is really fun so far.

    ReplyDelete