Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 24

     What a fun day yesterday was.  I've realized that being down here can be pretty expensive and that I have to take advantage of the free or discounted stuff when I can.  TWIK has always been much more money conscience than me.  That's why she is such a fan of Groupon.  But yesterday I did pretty well.   Below are the pictures to prove it, free day at the Chicago MCA, while walking to Burrito Beach for lunch I was handed some Chicago Blend, put on my temp tattoo and scored a free burrito bowl, and then walked to Sprinkle's for a free cupcake (which I gave to TWIK).  Besides paying for a Diet Coke at BB, I didn't have to open my wallet ~ winning!  (too 4 months ago?)

Henri Matisse drawing at the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art

Free Chicago Blend street pop corm from Garrett's

Free burrito bowl  from Burrito Beach

All I had to do was wear a temporary tattoo.

Free cupcake and coffee to promote the movie
"People Like Us".
   

     Then I went back to the apartment and waited for the boarding time for our Lake Michigan dinner cruise on the Mystic Blue.  We had a Groupon!!  It was very fun; good food, the staff falls all over you and we had nearly perfect weather.

The Ol' MB
Enjoying the beautiful skyline
Said skyline

     Today we traded in Chicago for Milwaukee to attend the opening day of Summerfest.  It's not a bad drive and TWIK had the day off so we exercised a little and then drove up to Wisconsin.  We had free tickets from a radio promotion last month.  The food was so so, basic state fair fare.  But the music was good.  I used to be amazed by all of the tattoos that I see whenever I go to Milwaukee, but it's not any different from down here anymore so NBD.  I'm posting a video of a guy that was really awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment