Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 45

     Monday was a Lisle day, a pretty good one but not much to report.  We saw Ty, I cleaned the pool, we had dinner and that was pretty much the day.  On Tuesday we stayed in Lisle until the afternoon and then we went to Revinia.  If you've never been to Revinia it is something that you should try at least once.  It is an outdoor music venue that has shows pretty much every night of the week.  The price of admission is based on the popularity of the act (obvious I know but what I'm saying is that sometimes you can go and it's pretty cheap).   It is also customary to bring food and drinks and basically have a picnic while you listen to the concert.  Some people get really carried away and have tables and candles and wine and the whole nine yards.  I was a tag along with TWIK and seven of her work friends.  I didn't know that no one else's spouse or significant other was going to go and that I would be the only dude.  Had I known I might have passed, but actually I'm okay with being the only guy on a girls night out.  So we went to see Diana Krall.  I have to admit that I didn't know much about her, but I listened to some stuff of her stuff on Youtube and I thought that she was very good and I like her style of music.  For the ladies it was just background noise because they were having a good time with each other.  Trying to be cool and unobtrusive I just sat back, ate and grooved to the tunes.  It was a very pleasurable evening.

      Today I walked south on the lake shore and got caught in a little shower.  I really like walking in the rain when it's not too much of a down pour.  Someone should write a song about it.  "I'm walking in the rain, tears are fallin' and I feel the pain" or something along those lines.
I know this picture isn't too good but you can see Ms. Krall on stage as well as on the big screen. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it. You make me want to visit so bad! And I think your night out with the ladies sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they liked having me there because I might have kept some people from getting on them about their talking, but the food was worth being the "muscle".

    ReplyDelete